Friday, December 20, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday






Check out Parajunkee & Alison Can Read for more information on this Friday blog hop and to sign up and join the fun.


This week an activity:

Pick a book in your favorite genre that you’d recommend to a reluctant reader.



When Cepheus, a dark god, forces seventeen-year-old Ally Ashworth off an isolated overlook, she has no idea she's falling into his world, or that the necklace she's wearing is actually a key--one with the power to ignite the next world war. But she's carried beyond his reach and into the one place where he's powerless... the forest of Gilgamesh.

Ally's never been Miss Popularity, but her outsider status takes on new meaning when she's rescued by Liam Cheveyo and his peculiar friends. After seeing them shape-shift into their freaky animal counterparts, Ally smacks hard into a few truths--magic really does exist and, although getting there took no effort, finding her way back might be impossible.

Feelings between her and Liam begin to grow along with the realization that, in this world, she's stronger and better... until she's caught in a trap set by the creepy spider-boy Cepheus sends to retrieve her. But Ally's not going down without a fight, not after learning the horrible truth about the passageways.

The survival of both worlds depends on it.





You can read my full review on Double Star HERE.  It's one of the first books I ever reviewed on the blog. It's a great YA. I would say it's a contemporary fantasy. It's set in present day, but the heroine suddenly finds herself in another world filled with magic, shape-shifters, and all sorts of bizarre occurrences she just can't explain away. The characters are so well-developed you will fall in love with them all. I'm anxiously awaiting the second book in this series, but you can catch up now with Ally and Liam. Happy Reading!


As always, Happy Friday and Stay Gold




16 comments:

  1. Double Star sounds really amazing, I'm adding to my TBR shelf on goodreads right now! I love all things fantasy and magic, hopefully I like the book as much as you.

    New GFC follower
    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just loved the characters and the magical aspects. Let me know what you think ;)

      Delete
  2. Hopping through. That's a new book to me. What a lovely cover too.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy when you hop through ;) As usual, thanks for hosting such a great hop!

      Delete
  3. New follower!

    That looks like an awesome book :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/12/follow-friday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good. Hope you get to check it out!

      Delete
  4. OOoh interesting! Never heard of this one!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really good way of learning about old/new favourites, I've never heard of this one but Ill check it out!
    Now following via GFC and Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love finding out about new favorite books ;)

      Delete
  6. That's a new one for me!

    New Follower via GFC! My FF: Isabelle's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you hopped through! Hopping over to say hi now!

      Delete
  7. I'm new to the blogosphere and could use some followers. I’m now following you via GFCr. You can find my blog at Kismet Book Reviews & Tours
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really interesting! :D
    Old follower!
    http://smartysmartie.blogspot.ie/2013/12/blogmas-day-23-mockingjay-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there!

    I found your great blog via Feature & Follow and I am now following you. I look forward to reading your posts. I'd appreciate it if you could follow my blog out at http://lorenmathisbooks.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!
    L

    ReplyDelete